Perfect sauce for lamb or beef… makes about 8 tablespoons… best if made right before serving.
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 small serrano or jalapeño pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed and peeled
- 2 cups lightly packed fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons rice-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- Place sugar and salt in a food processor. With the motor running, drop ginger, peppers and garlic through the feed tube; process until very finely chopped. Add mint and pulse until finely chopped. Add vinegar and oil and pulse to mix. Transfer to a small serving bowl. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 41 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 389 mg sodium; 14 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (50% daily value).
Exchanges: 1 vegetable