- 6 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces morel mushrooms
- 4 ounces button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 4 1/2 cups hot cooked egg noodles
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley sprigs (optional)
1. Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet. Heat 2 teaspoons butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt and pepper. Add 2 breast halves to pan, and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until done. Repeat procedure twice with 4 teaspoons butter and remaining chicken. Keep warm.
2. Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms to pan; sauté 5 minutes or until moisture evaporates, stirring frequently. Remove mushroom mixture from pan. Add broth to pan; bring to a boil, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Cook until reduced to 1 cup (about 5 minutes). Return mushroom mixture to pan. Stir in cream; cook 2 minutes or until slightly thick, stirring occasionally.
3. Place 3/4 cup egg noodles on each of 6 plates. Cut each chicken breast half into 1-inch-thick strips. Top each serving with 1 chicken breast half and about 1/3 cup mushroom mixture. Garnish each serving with parsley sprigs, if desired.
- Calories: 452
- Fat: 14.2g (sat 7g,mono 3.8g,poly 1.6g)
- Protein: 47g
- Carbohydrate: 32.2g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 162mg
- Iron: 3.4mg
- Sodium: 489mg
- Calcium: 49mg