- 2 Chilean sea bass fillets (about 1 pound), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound scallops, halved or quartered, if large
- 1/2 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails removed
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 small bunch fresh cilantro, leaves chopped
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 fresh poblano pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 green plantains, peeled and shredded
- In a large bowl, combine the seafood with all ingredients except for the olive oil and the plantains. Gently stir to combine and coat the seafood with the juices. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
- In a large saute pan over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons olive oil and drop 1 1/2 tablespoon portions of shredded plantains into the oil. Cook each portion until golden brown, turning once. Using a fork, remove the plantains from the oil to paper towels.
- Serve a chilled portion of the ceviche with some crispy plantains on top.